“He Shall Wear a Crown of Swords”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Wheel of Time
The Rand al'Thor Kingdom of Durenor is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Rand al'Thor with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, parental licensing program, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 23.207 billion Durenorians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hammerdal. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Durenorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,678 trillion Gold Crowns a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,344 Gold Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight, political activists are routinely executed, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Durenor's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Kai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Durenor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- 13 days ago: Durenor relocated from Lazarus to The Wheel of Time.
- 13 days ago: Durenor was refounded in Lazarus.
- 61 days ago: Durenor ceased to exist.
- 76 days ago: Durenor was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 135 days ago: Durenor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 1%).
- 171 days ago: Durenor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 211 days ago: Durenor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 219 days ago: Following new legislation in Durenor, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- 228 days ago: Durenor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.