The Federal State of Dunlend is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Sprouse with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.05 billion Dunlendians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Environment and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Guilford. The average income tax rate is 3.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dunlendian economy, worth a remarkable 2,387 trillion gilders a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 148,764 gilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, businesses have become paranoid as waves of lawsuits sweep the nation, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races, and military service is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Dunlend's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Dunlend's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Dunlend's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Dunlend's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Dunlend's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector and the Top 5% for Most Devout, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector, and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Dunlend was refounded in Balder.
- : Dunlend ceased to exist.
- : Dunlend fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.