The Federal State of Dunlend is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Sprouse with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.762 billion Dunlendians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Environment and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Guilford. The average income tax rate is 3.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dunlendian economy, worth a remarkable 2,340 trillion gilders a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 148,520 gilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, businesses have become paranoid as waves of lawsuits sweep the nation, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races, and military service is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Dunlend's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Dunlend was refounded in Osiris.
- : Dunlend ceased to exist.
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- : Dunlend was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).