“We live to serve, we live to help.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Duista is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Leonard Kraskhaw with an even hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 12.073 billion Duistans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ruista. The average income tax rate is 79%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Duista's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholic, and its currency is the Konel Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 4 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Duista was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Duista was refounded in Lazarus.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Duista ceased to exist.
- 11 days ago: Duista was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 10%).
- 22 days ago: Duista was endorsed by The Torched Savannah of Ugg Lands.
- 23 days ago: Duista's influence in Grand Central rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Duista, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- 30 days ago: Duista voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 39 days ago: Duista was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Duista, birth rates have hit an all-time low.