“We live to serve, we live to help.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
Location: Grand Central
The Republic of Duista is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Leonard Kraskhaw with an even hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.821 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ruista. The average income tax rate is 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy", and criminals are thrown to the Pandas to repay their debt to society. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Duista's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholic, and its currency is the Konel Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 12 days ago: Duista was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Duista was endorsed by The Kingdom of Yamela.
- 14 days ago: Duista was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Duista, criminals are thrown to the Pandas to repay their debt to society.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Duista, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Duista, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- 15 days ago: Duista altered its national flag.
- 15 days ago: Duista voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ethics in International Trade"".
- 15 days ago: Duista was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 15 days ago: Duista applied to join the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Yamela.