The Whisky Priest's of Drumtroddan is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King William IX with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.208 billion Drumtroddanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cruggleton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.0%.
The powerhouse Drumtroddanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,137 trillion Thalers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 138,578 Thalers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 406,617 per year while the poor average 37,229, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, discarded pennies litter the streets, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Drumtroddan's national animal is the German Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drumtroddan fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Drumtroddan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Drumtroddan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Drumtroddan, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Drumtroddan, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Drumtroddan, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Drumtroddan relocated from Lazarus to United Kingdom.
- : Drumtroddan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Drumtroddan ceased to exist.