The Whisky Priest's of Drumtroddan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King William IX with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 9.317 billion Drumtroddanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cruggleton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.9%.
The powerhouse Drumtroddanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,291 trillion Thalers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 138,581 Thalers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 406,626 per year while the poor average 37,230, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, discarded pennies litter the streets, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Drumtroddan's national animal is the German Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Drumtroddan's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Drumtroddan's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Drumtroddan's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Drumtroddan's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Most Cultured.
- : Drumtroddan was refounded in Osiris.
- : Drumtroddan ceased to exist.
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.