The Whisky Priest's of Drumtroddan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King William IX with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.776 billion Drumtroddanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cruggleton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.0%.
The powerhouse Drumtroddanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,216 trillion Thalers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 138,578 Thalers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 406,617 per year while the poor average 37,229, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, discarded pennies litter the streets, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Drumtroddan's national animal is the German Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- : Drumtroddan's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Drumtroddan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Drumtroddan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Drumtroddan fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Developed.
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.