The Whisky Priest's of Drumtroddan is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sir Humphrey with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 9.669 billion Drumtroddanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cruggleton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.9%.
The powerhouse Drumtroddanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,339 trillion Thalers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 138,581 Thalers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 406,626 per year while the poor average 37,230, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, discarded pennies litter the streets, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Drumtroddan's national animal is the German Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Drumtroddan's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Drumtroddan's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Drumtroddan's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Drumtroddan's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Drumtroddan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Drumtroddan changed its national leader to "Sir Humphrey".
- : Drumtroddan relocated from Lazarus to United Kingdom.
- : Drumtroddan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Drumtroddan ceased to exist.