“The Senate Will Rule”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Senate of Drooyd is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ian Shaw with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 5.398 billion Drooydians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, the Environment, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragonopolis. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, large sections of Drooyd have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, international tensions are high as Drooyd threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and soldiers are equipped with multi-million ruby battlesuits. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drooyd's national animal is the Dragons, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is the grand order of odin, and its currency is the ruby.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 6 days ago: Drooyd fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 6 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Jauntily Judicious Union of Dalter.
- 19 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Imperialist Conglomerate of Ikand.
- 20 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Ex-Osiran Nation of Montresoria.
- 20 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Pheisty Pharaoh of Cormac A Stark.
- 20 days ago: Drooyd was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 20 days ago: Drooyd applied to join the World Assembly.
- 20 days ago: Drooyd relocated from Lazarus to Osiris.
- 20 days ago: Drooyd was refounded in Lazarus.
- 45 days ago: Drooyd ceased to exist.