“The Senate Will Rule”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Senate of Drooyd is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ian Shaw with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.289 billion Drooydians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragonopolis. The average income tax rate is 93.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Drooydian economy, worth 413 trillion rubies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 65,743 rubies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, large sections of Drooyd have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, international tensions are high as Drooyd threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and soldiers are equipped with multi-million ruby battlesuits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drooyd's national animal is the Dragons, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the grand order of odin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Vizier of Zaolat.
- 21 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Imperator Caesar of Tim Stark.
- 24 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Star Empire of Ainocra.
- 37 days ago: Drooyd fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 50 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 110 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by Lazelite.
- 115 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.