The Senate of Drooyd is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Ian Shaw with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.017 billion Drooydians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragonopolis. The average income tax rate is 92.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Drooydian economy, worth 465 trillion rubies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 66,270 rubies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and it's always rabbit season. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drooyd's national animal is the Dragons, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the grand order of odin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 6 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Heavenly Emperor of The Almighty Jesus Whale.
- 17 days ago: Drooyd fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 23 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 44 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 52 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 56 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 58 days ago: Drooyd fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 58 days ago: Drooyd fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 63 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 64 days ago: Following new legislation in Drooyd, it's always rabbit season.