The Senate of Drooyd is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Ian Shaw with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.396 billion Drooydians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragonopolis. The average income tax rate is 93.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Drooydian economy, worth 447 trillion rubies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 60,570 rubies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and it's always rabbit season. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drooyd's national animal is the Dragons, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the grand order of odin.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Drooyd was endorsed by The Bodily Remains of Jakker Loves Rawr.
- : Drooyd was endorsed by The Once Again Forum-Banned Dude of Saq.
- : Drooyd was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Drooyd was endorsed by The Heavenly Emperor of The Almighty Jesus Whale.
- : Drooyd fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.