The Senate of Drooyd is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ian Shaw with an even hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 9.73 billion Drooydians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragonopolis. The average income tax rate is 94.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Drooydian economy, worth 671 trillion rubies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 68,968 rubies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The Drooydian Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Drooydian lands, and teenage girls in knee-length surfer shorts have become a cultural icon of Drooyd. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drooyd's national animal is the Dragons, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the grand order of odin.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Drooyd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Mercantile Prizes of War".
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 10% for Most Stationary, Healthiest Citizens, and Nicest Citizens.
- : Drooyd was endorsed by Gidget glass.
- : Drooyd was endorsed by The Benevolent Dictatorship of The Dourian Embassy.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Drooyd, teenage girls in knee-length surfer shorts have become a cultural icon of Drooyd.