The Senate of Drooyd is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Ian Shaw with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 8.571 billion Drooydians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragonopolis. The average income tax rate is 94.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Drooydian economy, worth 579 trillion rubies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 67,649 rubies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Dragonsball fields, and the government is flooded with compensation requests. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drooyd's national animal is the Dragons, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the grand order of odin.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Drooyd endorsed The Osiran Empire of Tim Stark.
- : Drooyd was endorsed by The Osiran Empire of Tim Stark.
- : Drooyd was endorsed by Wintermountain.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Drooyd fell out of the world Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Drooyd fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Drooyd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).