“The Senate Will Rule”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Senate of Drooyd is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Ian Shaw with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate population of 3.73 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, the Environment, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragonopolis. The average income tax rate is 84%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Drooyd after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, and military geniuses responsible for brilliant campaigns are drummed out because they have close same-sex friends and an interest in interior design. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drooyd's national animal is the Dragons, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is the grand order of odin, and its currency is the ruby.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 11 hours ago: Drooyd fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Sultanate of Detective Figs.
- 7 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Sepatarch of Tim Stark.
- 15 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Drooyd was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Sepatarch of Tim Stark.
- 18 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Priest-Vizier and Sepatarch of the Imperial Crown.
- 22 days ago: Drooyd endorsed The Priestess of Lyanna Stark.
- 22 days ago: Drooyd was endorsed by The Priestess of Lyanna Stark.