“Van ru´nes tot imperium”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Drenetharada is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jamie Peterson with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.935 billion Drenetharadans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kanaratcha. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Innocent defendants often plea guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime is totally unknown. Drenetharada's national animal is the snow leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gelder.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 5 days ago: Drenetharada was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Drenetharada fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Drenetharada was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 10 days ago: Drenetharada fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Drenetharada, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 15 days ago: Drenetharada lost the endorsement of The Federal Republic of Pileusia.
- 23 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Pantoufle.
- 34 days ago: Drenetharada was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Following new legislation in Drenetharada, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- 37 days ago: Drenetharada endorsed The Holy Empire of Horreum.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Sybaritic Socialists, Ascara, Lexembourg, Nou Occitania, Stromia, Short shorts, Kroinengin, Voxum Mortalum, Chiolena, Venetoland, The City-State of Vienna, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, Malacovia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Beauvoir, Nova Prutenia, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Hamstery, Grasaland, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, Veeten Engines, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Lothairia, Welsh Valley, Athos and Byzantium, Ecclestia, Mount Liban, Zavalka, Norse German Federation, Horreum, and Pantoufle.