“Van ru´nes tot imperium”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Drenetharada is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Jamie Peterson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.325 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kanaratcha. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All beauty contests have been banned, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority, a government program is underway to revitalize Drenetharada's beaches, and innocent defendants often plea guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury. Crime is totally unknown. Drenetharada's national animal is the snow leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gelder.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 12 days ago: Drenetharada was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 35 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Sheep Infested Nation of Welsh Valley.
- 35 days ago: Drenetharada was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 41 days ago: Drenetharada fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 47 days ago: Drenetharada fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 55 days ago: Drenetharada was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 65 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Empire of Lothairia.
- 85 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Holy Empire of An Clar.
- 91 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Kingdom of Mizialand.
- 92 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Republic of Monance.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Sybaritic Socialists, Ascara, Lexembourg, Nou Occitania, Stromia, Short shorts, Kroinengin, Voxum Mortalum, Chiolena, Venetoland, The City-State of Vienna, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, Malacovia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Beauvoir, Nova Prutenia, Pileusia, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Hamstery, Greater Konigsberg, Grasaland, Bylantia, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, Veeten Engines, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Lothairia, and Welsh Valley.