“Van ru´nes tot imperium”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Drenetharada is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jamie Peterson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.085 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kanaratcha. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All beauty contests have been banned, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority, a government program is underway to revitalize Drenetharada's beaches, and innocent defendants often plea guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury. Crime is totally unknown. Drenetharada's national animal is the snow leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gelder.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 23 hours ago
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Drenetharada fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 9 days ago: Drenetharada fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Drenetharada was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 27 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Empire of Lothairia.
- 47 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Holy Empire of An Clar.
- 53 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Kingdom of Mizialand.
- 54 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Republic of Monance.
- 57 days ago: Following new legislation in Drenetharada, innocent defendants often plea guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- 57 days ago: Drenetharada voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right of Emigration".
- 60 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The New World Order of Vanbrugh.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Jenesia, Sybaritic Socialists, Saconian, Ascara, Lexembourg, Nou Occitania, Stromia, Short shorts, Kroinengin, Voxum Mortalum, Chiolena, Venetoland, The City-State of Vienna, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Castanos, Toongoosia, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, Malacovia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Beauvoir, Nova Prutenia, Pileusia, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Hamstery, Greater Konigsberg, Grasaland, Bylantia, Foucaults garden, Domanouq, Pesaro and Urbino, Fenian Provinces, Veeten Engines, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, and Lothairia.