“Van ru´nes tot imperium”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Drenetharada is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jamie Peterson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.994 billion Drenetharadans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kanaratcha. The average income tax rate is 92.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Drenetharadan economy, worth 598 trillion Gelders a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 66,517 Gelders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, and Drenetharada's Medieval Faire is renowned as one of the best in the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drenetharada's national animal is the snow leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Drenetharada was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Drenetharada fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 16 days ago: Drenetharada was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 18 days ago: Drenetharada was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 20 days ago: Drenetharada was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 22 days ago: Drenetharada was refounded in Lazarus.
- 23 days ago: Drenetharada ceased to exist.
- 34 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Republic of Fotila.
- 37 days ago: Drenetharada fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 49 days ago: Drenetharada was endorsed by The Federation of Termunus.