“Peace through advanced firepower.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Greater Prussia
The Federation of Drekka is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by unknown with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5.623 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Public Transport receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Annik. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drekka's national animal is the Velvet ant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Dram.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 22 hours ago
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Drekka voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Drekka lodged a message on the Greater Prussia Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Drekka, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 4 days ago: Drekka voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 6 days ago: Drekka voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Drekka, the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive.
- 9 days ago: Drekka voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 9 days ago: Drekka was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Drekka voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 12 days ago: Drekka's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".