The King of Cool of Drecq is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Drecq with an even hand, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 12.152 billion Drecqians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Drecq. The average income tax rate is 68.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Drecqian economy, worth a remarkable 4,489 trillion SCUS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 369,470 SCUS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drecq's national animal is the Barbary Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Cuthulhuism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drecq was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : Drecq created a custom banner.
- : Drecq altered its national flag.
- : Drecq was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Drecq was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- : Drecq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Drecq was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: #1).
- : Drecq was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: #1).
- : Drecq was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: #1).
- : Drecq's influence in Europeia fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".