“Fight, Win, Prevail.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Armed Republic of Drakkengard is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Heinrich von Drakken with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 15.587 billion Drakkengardians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 57%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools, punitive tariffs protect local industry, the government has implemented minimum wage laws, and citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Drakkengard's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the Gald.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, the government has implemented minimum wage laws.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas.
- 8 days ago: Drakkengard altered its national flag.
- 8 days ago: Drakkengard relocated from Balder to The East Pacific.
- 8 days ago: Drakkengard was refounded in Balder.
- 16 days ago: Drakkengard ceased to exist.
- 34 days ago: Drakkengard was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: #1).