“Fight, Win, Prevail.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Armed Republic of Drakkengard is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Heinrich von Drakken with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 14.787 billion Drakkengardians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Immigrant herding has become a national pastime, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, military spending is on the increase, and reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Drakkengard's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the Gald.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 4 days ago: Drakkengard was endorsed by The Empire of Caerulea.
- 5 days ago: Drakkengard was endorsed by The Empire of Great Illyria.
- 12 days ago: Drakkengard was endorsed by The Republic of Davinhia.
- 13 days ago: Drakkengard was endorsed by The Federated Alliance of Free Pacific States.
- 20 days ago: Drakkengard was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- 21 days ago: Drakkengard was endorsed by The Federation of Bananalopolis.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, military spending is on the increase.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Drakkengard, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Packilvania, Kangarawa, East Malaysia, Reziel, The Cults Children, Jrustela, The Romanum Legio, Vulshain, Southern Yugoslavia, Lyontisia, Eruopia, MikGonnia, Kingberg, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Hegemon, Ragnaria, The Oan Isles, Ramaeus, Amselheim, Molzavar, Dannistaan, United industrial, Great Jenstonia, United Amerasian Confederacy, GARRETTLANDIA, Pacific Vipers, Rohenia, Etiowsa, Brotherland, Mundiferrum, Susanooo, Roissyland, Adolanta, Abzockhausen, HGWQHGE, British Grand Pacific, Rosiel, Tractia, Owali, Stonemarble, Tropicalis, Bananalopolis, Free Pacific States, Davinhia, Great Illyria, and Caerulea.