The Allied States of Dragonmoon is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by LinLi with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 1.987 billion Dragonmoonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of DragonHeart. The average income tax rate is 89.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dragonmoonian economy, worth 174 trillion Dracoss a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 88,012 Dracoss, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, Dragonmoon's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels, and almost all of Dragonmoon's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices. Crime is totally unknown. Dragonmoon's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Destiny.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dragonmoon's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Dragonmoon's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Dragonmoon's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dragonmoon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most Beautiful Environments, Most Advanced Defense Forces, and Best Weather.
- : Dragonmoon was refounded in Osiris.
- : Dragonmoon ceased to exist.
- : Dragonmoon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Dragonmoon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Dragonmoon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Dragonmoon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.