“Keep Off Our Grass”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Grand Admiralty of Dracoria is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Admiral Rheopa with a fair hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.747 billion Dracorians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Healthcare. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing.
Wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, large areas of Dracoria are not accessible by the public, and companies balk at paying their workers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dracoria's national animal is the personal possessive subcompact equine, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Draco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dracoria, companies balk at paying their workers.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dracoria, large areas of Dracoria are not accessible by the public.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dracoria, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dracoria, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Dracoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dracoria, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dracoria, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Dracoria was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Mirani.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Dracoria, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Dracoria, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Osea Island, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Imbarien, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, The imperial state of Japan, Mystiquelle, The Isle of Tol Eressea, FreeGunsForAll, Markanite, LARF, Earth Federation, Zyrcrestia, Spncrgmn, Goat Horns, Aipotu Ruo, Nojia, Knockturn Alley, Blogotopia, Wysrod, New Hodgepodge, Fogaler, Teddy Bear Isle, and Zabbar.