The Commonwealth of Douzx is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chancellor Androus Antonius with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.029 billion Douzians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sileca. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Douzxian economy, worth 146 trillion Unios a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 29,153 Unios, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, almost all of Douzx's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Douzx. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Douzx's national animal is the Duox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 5 days ago: Douzx was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Douzx, Max Barry is this year's Miss Douzx.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Douzx, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 37 days ago: Douzx was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 53 days ago: Douzx was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 100 days ago: Douzx was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 120 days ago: Douzx's influence in Union of the Continental Democracies rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 158 days ago: Following new legislation in Douzx, almost all of Douzx's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
- 158 days ago: Following new legislation in Douzx, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- 159 days ago: Following new legislation in Douzx, homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel.
Endorsements Received: None.