The Commonwealth of Douzx is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chancellor Androus Antonius with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.191 billion Douzians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sileca. The average income tax rate is 81.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Douzxian economy, worth 154 trillion Unios a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 29,694 Unios, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Almost all of Douzx's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, Max Barry is this year's Miss Douzx, and citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Douzx's national animal is the Duox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 13 days ago: Douzx was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Douzx, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 13 days ago: Douzx voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forever Fields".
- 13 days ago: Douzx voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cooperation in Science Act"".
- 32 days ago: Douzx was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 35 days ago: Following new legislation in Douzx, Max Barry is this year's Miss Douzx.
- 35 days ago: Following new legislation in Douzx, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 64 days ago: Douzx was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 79 days ago: Douzx was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 126 days ago: Douzx was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: None.