“Trust us, we're professionals ”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: Natan Region annexation
The House of Doughertania is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Mahon with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.074 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Haven. The average income tax rate is 81%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism industries.
Travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, nude art is becoming wildly popular, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Doughertania's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Docdollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Doughertania was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 12 days ago: Doughertania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 17 days ago: Doughertania fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 29 days ago: Doughertania endorsed The Eternal Promise of IW84U.
- 29 days ago: Doughertania relocated from The Torpedojagers to Natan Region annexation.
- 30 days ago: Doughertania endorsed The Defensive Instincts of Wild Wolves.
- 30 days ago: Doughertania relocated from The NationStates Community to The Torpedojagers.
- 32 days ago: Doughertania was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Doughertania, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Doughertania, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
Endorsements Received: None.