The House of Doughertania is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dagon with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 7.798 billion Doughertanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Haven. The average income tax rate is 75.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Doughertanian economy, worth 781 trillion Docdollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,156 Docdollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, nude art is becoming wildly popular, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Doughertania's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Doughertania fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Doughertania altered its national flag.