The House of Doughertania is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Dagon with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 9.789 billion Doughertanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Haven. The average income tax rate is 75.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Doughertanian economy, worth 975 trillion Docdollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 99,659 Docdollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, nude art is becoming wildly popular, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Doughertania's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Doughertania voted for The Crashed Spaceship of The Salaxalans in Round 1 of the election.
- : Doughertania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed, Most Efficient Economies, Longest Average Lifespans, Best Weather, and Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Doughertania relocated from Den to Balder.
- : Doughertania relocated from Balder to Den.
- : Doughertania's influence in Balder rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".