The Union State of Dorig is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Korundas Gwerkei with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 13.473 billion Dorigkeis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Niebotuin. The average income tax rate is 3.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Dorigkei economy, worth a remarkable 3,464 trillion jub jubs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 257,141 jub jubs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Dorig's national animal is the monkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is polytheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dorig, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Dorig changed its national leader to "Prime Minister Korundas Gwerkei".
- : Dorig lodged a message on the South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Dorig was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Dorig was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Dorig was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: #1).
- : Dorig was endorsed by The Former Former Delegate of The lepearchauns.
- : Following new legislation in Dorig, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- : Dorig changed its national motto to "Wolność, Równość, Braterstwo".
- : Following new legislation in Dorig, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.