“Z wielu, jeden”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: South Pacific
The Union of Vircono and of Dorig is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Trl Wezzen with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working population of 11.26 billion Dorigkeis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Augustval. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, and strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dorig's national animal is the monkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is polytheism, and its currency is the jub jub.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Dorig fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Dorig was endorsed by The Union Republic of Densaner.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Dorig lodged a message on the South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Dorig endorsed The Union Republic of Densaner.
- 5 days ago: Dorig lost the endorsement of The Union Republic of Densaner.
- 5 days ago: Dorig withdrew its endorsement from The Federal Republic of West kondor.
- 6 days ago: Dorig changed its national demonym adjective to "Dorigkei".
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Dorig, strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Dorig, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- 13 days ago: Dorig was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".