“Zij zullen rustig. Ze vind het niet erg Dorig!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: South Pacific
The Union of Vircono and of Dorig is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Korandus Gwerki V with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 10.699 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Augustval. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 94%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, surveillance cameras are banned, and CDs are regularly copy-protected. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dorig's national animal is the monkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is polytheism, and its currency is the jub jub.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dorig, CDs are regularly copy-protected.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dorig, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Dorig was endorsed by The UKIP Voters of Densaner.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Dorig lodged a message on the South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Dorig's influence in South Pacific rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dorig, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dorig, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dorig, international tensions are high as Dorig threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dorig, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- 6 days ago: Dorig fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.