“Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams since 533AD”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Federal Union
The Overlord's Dominion of Dolorem is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Dark Overlord Sollace with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.828 billion Doloremi are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lortherium. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency, it is illegal to own a mobile phone, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Sollace battlesuits, and hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Dolorem's national animal is the Minion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Wolfrick-Norseism, and its currency is the Sollace.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 9 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Dolorem lodged a message on the The Federal Union Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Dolorem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 1%).
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Sollace battlesuits.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, it is illegal to own a mobile phone.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, military geniuses responsible for brilliant campaigns are drummed out because they have close same-sex friends and an interest in interior design.
- 14 days ago: Dolorem changed its national demonym to "Dolorium", its demonym adjective to "Dolorus", and its demonym plural to "Doloremi".
- 14 days ago: Dolorem altered its national flag.
- 14 days ago: Dolorem lodged a message on the The Federal Union Regional Message Board.