The Overlord's Dominion of Dolorem is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Dark Overlord Sollace with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.636 billion Doloremi are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lortherium. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Dolorus economy, worth a remarkable 1,356 trillion Sollaces a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 240,760 Sollaces, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,064,984 per year while the poor average 4,791, a ratio of 431 to 1.
Weathermen are being arrested for attempting to read the future, prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes, naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure, and warfare increasingly resembles a video game. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Dolorem's national animal is the Minion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Heimdallr-Norse.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 days ago
- 15 days ago: Dolorem fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 25 days ago: Dolorem fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 27 days ago: Dolorem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure.
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes.
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, weathermen are being arrested for attempting to read the future.
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- 38 days ago: Dolorem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Dolorem, the government funds private schools for intellectually gifted children.