The People's Socialist Republic of Divitaen is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Supreme Revolutionary Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ban on automobiles, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 9.761 billion Divitaens enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, corrupt, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Convenance. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Divitaen economy, worth a remarkable 2,324 trillion Egals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 238,156 Egals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Divitaen's national animal is the Dove, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Divitaen endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Lavondyss Forest.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Convenance Times is sold out.
- : Divitaen was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Lavondyss Forest.
- : Divitaen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Dustwind, Ilha Rongo Koa, Switmerica, Aedue, Wailfolk, Kelvinski, FreeGunsForAll, Better Indonesia, Perzische Keizer, Siuts, Lady of the light, The Tasmanian Islands, Urinai, Central Realms, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Dopiax, The Mindsweep, Puzzlement Pizza, Louisistan, Hellazar, New Icelandic Republic, Lamborghini Murcielago, Germanic and Jewish people, HN67, Rex Republic, The State of Walrus Devotion, Earth Federation, Tzo, Berzerkastan, Zeganas, Glorious Nero, Chronopolice, Freres La Cote, A Death Arena, Icifica, The United Dog Days Providence, Deesates, Iluuz, Seantonia, Kokkinostan, AmericaIS THE BEST, Sofa Class, Grungerock, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Kyrizstanislav, Those against abusers, Sovereign Republic of Welm, Imperium Septentrionalis, Xestar, Atlanta Island, and 24 others.Cream of Potato Soup, Aipotu Ruo, Wysrod, Cesaris, Spiritbw, Candlewhisper Archive, Future of Mankind, Theurgia, Chip Skylark, Mohr, Testa, Manlinesslavia, XDia, Wolfhunters, Xiviaksu, Phrados, Joycelyn, Myopic, Lupus Bellum, Grimlandia, Sedburgh, Anollasia, Azkania, and Zeklandia.