The People's Socialist Republic of Divitaen is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Supreme Revolutionary Leader with an even hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, flagrant waste-dumping, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 8.326 billion Divitaens enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The relatively small, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Law & Order, with Industry, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Environment and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Convenance. The average income tax rate is 41.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Divitaen economy, worth a remarkable 2,468 trillion Egals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 296,464 Egals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country, and smoking is banned in public areas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Divitaen's national animal is the Dove, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Secularism.
Divitaen is ranked 1st in Greater Dienstad and 747th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 1,164 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Divitaen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views.
- : Divitaen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Safeguards".
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Divitaen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Divitaen, children listen incredulously when their grandparents explain what a "running river" is.
Endorsements Received: None.