The God of Wine and Excess of Dionysus Dances is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cormac Stark with a fair hand, and remarkable for its absence of drug laws and self-igniting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.158 billion Dionysus Dancesians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and International Aid. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.1%.
The strong Dionysus Dancesian economy, worth 260 trillion crucicrescents a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is 50,585 crucicrescents, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 490,460 per year while the poor average 251, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Cormac Stark has just been declared ruler of Dionysus Dances in an international press conference, Dionysian Mysteries has been named as Dionysus Dances's national religion, and the government's only official statement on the burning down of Dionysus Dances City was that 'they shouldn't have been so careless'. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dionysus Dances's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Dionysian Mysteries.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 1%).
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked #1 in the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Dionysus Dances fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked #1 in the region for Most Extreme.
- : Dionysus Dances's influence in Violet Irises rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Dionysus Dances applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked #1 in the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : Dionysus Dances fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.