The God of Wine and Excess of Dionysus Dances is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Cormac Stark with a fair hand, and remarkable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.348 billion Dionysus Dancesians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and International Aid. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.1%.
The strong Dionysus Dancesian economy, worth 219 trillion crucicrescents a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is 50,585 crucicrescents, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 490,460 per year while the poor average 251, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Cormac Stark has just been declared ruler of Dionysus Dances in an international press conference, Dionysian Mysteries has been named as Dionysus Dances's national religion, and the government's only official statement on the burning down of Dionysus Dances City was that 'they shouldn't have been so careless'. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dionysus Dances's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Dionysian Mysteries.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Dionysus Dances's influence in Wuqyin rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Dionysus Dances's influence in Wuqyin rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Dionysus Dances's influence in Wuqyin rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Dionysus Dances relocated from Haunted Forest to Wuqyin.
- : Dionysus Dances applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Dionysus Dances altered its national flag.
- : Dionysus Dances's influence in Haunted Forest rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Dionysus Dances was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 1%).