“These fists were made for punching!”
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Sleepy Floaty Isles of Dienes is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by a lonely baker with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 20.433 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hope. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology industries.
Employers are gradually adapting to the alien premise of paying wages to their workers, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished, Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer, and wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dienes's national animal is the Teddy Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is watermelon juggling, and its currency is the Unicycle.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 105 minutes ago: Dienes was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 hours ago: Dienes was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Capitalizt".
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dienes, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dienes, Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer.
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dienes, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished.
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dienes, employers are gradually adapting to the alien premise of paying wages to their workers.
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dienes, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- 8 hours ago: Dienes voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 3 days ago: Dienes fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Dienes was endorsed by The Seasonal Khajiit Dwellings of The Four_Seasons.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Half-Milers, Hydroponic Nation, Shunnach, Mort Nex, Laurarcor, Tagete, 66 Ducks, Norvikeland, Ummagumma, Vathekia, Frostevilla, Peoples Kingdom of Manx, Wamble, Zukae, International Republic, Outter Micronesia, Meat Clan, Pleaboria, Terran Columbia, and The Four_Seasons.