The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.804 billion Dianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 90.6%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,639 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,182 pais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Dian was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Hitokiri.
- : Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Minimum Standard of Living Act".
- : Dian's influence in Japan rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Civilian Aircraft Accord".
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- : Dian's influence in Japan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.