The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 25.817 billion Dianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Industry aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 90.7%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,477 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,246 pais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 5 days ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The Right to a Lawful Divorce"".
- 10 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 12 days ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 13 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 21 days ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 23 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 25 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: Dian fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.