The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.252 billion Dianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Industry are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 90.7%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,515 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,737 pais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protected Status in Wartime".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 12 days ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- 19 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- 42 days ago: Dian was endorsed by The Towering Terror of The Godzilla.
- 48 days ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 63 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 65 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 70 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Non-interference in Elections".
- 74 days ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.