The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.097 billion Dianians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 91.3%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,739 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 64,180 pais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dian was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Dian, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Electoral Freedoms".
- : Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Research Commitment"".
- : Dian lodged a message on the Japan Regional Message Board.
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.