“Hit the NOS!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.707 billion Dianians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the pai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Dian's influence in Japan rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 12 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 24 days ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 30 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 35 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 35 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 36 days ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 37 days ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 37 days ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 52 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".