“Hit the NOS!”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 23.33 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, Dian's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and lending firms are subject to strict government regulations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the pai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dian, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations.
- 2 days ago: Dian agreed to construct embassies between Japan and The Republic of India.
- 4 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 4 days ago: Dian agreed to construct embassies between Japan and Cool World.
- 5 days ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Dian, Dian's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 8 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 12 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Assisted Suicide Act".
- 12 days ago: Dian agreed to construct embassies between Japan and Onett.