The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.381 billion Dianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Industry aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 90.7%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,524 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,786 pais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dian's influence in Japan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protected Status in Wartime".
- : Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- : Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- : Dian was endorsed by The Towering Terror of The Godzilla.
- : Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".