“Hit the NOS!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.181 billion Dianians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the pai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 4 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 8 days ago: Dian fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 8 days ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Dian, the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- 16 days ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Spills and Leaks".
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Dian, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 21 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 22 days ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Welfare in Adoption".