“Hit the NOS!”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Power
The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 22.769 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Government officials across Dian are being "encouraged" to adopt Clouded Leopards to set an example for the populace, the DBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists, and rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the pai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Dian agreed to construct embassies between Japan and Lower Canada.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Dian agreed to construct embassies between Japan and Funen.
- 4 days ago: Dian was endorsed by The Republic of Someone Special 108.
- 4 days ago: Dian removed regional password protection from Japan.
- 6 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 7 days ago: Dian password-protected Japan.
- 7 days ago: Dian lodged a message on the Japan Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Dian agreed to construct embassies between Japan and ISSU.
- 7 days ago: Dian agreed to construct embassies between Japan and Asian Alliance.