The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 25.646 billion Dianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 91.1%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,467 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,213 pais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 22 hours ago
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 4 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 8 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 14 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 16 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 16 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Pact".
- 22 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Testing Safety"".
- 27 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".