The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.526 billion Dianians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 91.1%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,605 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,339 pais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, self-driving cars have been banned, and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dian, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- : Following new legislation in Dian, self-driving cars have been banned.
- : Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- : Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Dian was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".