“Hit the NOS!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 25.269 billion Dianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Industry aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 91.1%.
The enormous but inefficient Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,796 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 71,099 pais, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Dian is ranked 3rd in Japan and 3,248th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 1,014.6 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 5 hours ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days ago: Dian was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 10 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 17 days ago: Dian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 35 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 50 days ago: Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 58 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 59 days ago: Following new legislation in Dian, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 59 days ago: Dian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 71 days ago: Dian's influence in Japan rose from "Power" to "Superpower".