The Type-R Nation of Dian is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Shiro Tokisada Amakusa with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.586 billion Dianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hara Castle. The average income tax rate is 90.9%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Dianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,610 trillion pais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 60,578 pais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the Dian Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dian's national animal is the Clouded Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dian's influence in Japan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Dian was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Ryukyuko.
- : Dian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Dian's influence in Japan rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Dian, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Dian was endorsed by The Holy Cute Matriarchy of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
- : Dian was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).