The Secular Democratic Republic of Dharmarajya is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Vikramaditya Maurya with a fair hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.265 billion Dharmarajyans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dharmarajya City. The average income tax rate is 94.8%.
The strong Dharmarajyan economy, worth 366 trillion Rupees a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 69,537 Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, and companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dharmarajya's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dharmarajya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Dharmarajya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Dharmarajya's influence in India rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Dharmarajya's influence in India rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Dharmarajya's influence in India rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Dharmarajya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Dharmarajya's influence in India rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Dharmarajya, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : Dharmarajya applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Dharmarajya relocated from Balder to India.