“Whatever Happens, Happens”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Queen's State of Desmonwood is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 8.517 billion Desmonwoodians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Defence and the Environment are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
School uniforms are compulsory, none has been named as Desmonwood's national religion, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Desmonwood's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 98 days ago: Desmonwood changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 145 days ago: Desmonwood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 148 days ago: Desmonwood changed its national faith to "none" and its nation type to "State".
- 195 days ago: Desmonwood proposed constructing embassies between Ards and Boqueron.
- 220 days ago: Desmonwood aborted construction of embassies between Ards and The Illuminati.
- 220 days ago: Desmonwood agreed to construct embassies between Ards and The Illuminati.
- 226 days ago: Desmonwood proposed constructing embassies between Ards and Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 226 days ago: Desmonwood agreed to construct embassies between Ards and Paraguari.
- 239 days ago: Desmonwood altered the regional flag of Ards.
- 263 days ago: Desmonwood was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).