“Whatever Happens, Happens”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Republic of Desmonwood is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its cynical population of 6.622 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Defence and the Environment are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
School uniforms are compulsory, Presbyterian has been named as Desmonwood's national religion, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Desmonwood's national animal is the white tailed deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 21 hours ago
- 24 days ago: Desmonwood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Desmonwood agreed to construct embassies between Ards and Belfast City.
- 47 days ago: Desmonwood agreed to construct embassies between Ards and Freedom Front.
- 54 days ago: Desmonwood altered its national flag.
- 55 days ago: Desmonwood's influence in Ards rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 55 days ago: Desmonwood relocated from Pangara to Ards.
- 55 days ago: Desmonwood founded the region Ards.
- 58 days ago: Desmonwood relocated from Balder to Pangara.
- 58 days ago: Desmonwood was refounded in Balder.
- 59 days ago: Desmonwood ceased to exist.