The Federation of Des-Bal is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Vincent Aldremi with an iron fist, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.865 billion Des-Balians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Des-Hagir. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Des-Balian economy, worth a remarkable 3,671 trillion Khuuls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 309,399 Khuuls, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,759,840 per year while the poor average 4,617, a ratio of 597 to 1.
Humongo-Mart's Beef 'n Scorpion Lasagne is a hit, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime is almost non-existent. Des-Bal's national animal is the Scorpion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 13 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 33 days ago: Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 33 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 35 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 47 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 50 days ago: Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 1%).
- 50 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 56 days ago: Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 65 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.