“Revolution is not the right of the people but the duty.”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: House of Five Leaves
The Federation of Des-Bal is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Vincent Aldremi with an iron fist, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.918 billion Des-Balians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Des-Hagir. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Des-Balian economy, worth a remarkable 3,400 trillion Khuuls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 311,485 Khuuls, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,671,583 per year while the poor average 6,198, a ratio of 431 to 1.
All streets are privately owned toll roads, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, and the government is outsourcing itself. Crime is almost non-existent. Des-Bal's national animal is the Scorpion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 21 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 4 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Stupidest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 11 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 12 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 15 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Des-Bal, the government is outsourcing itself.
- 20 days ago: Des-Bal was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Benevolent Dictatorship".
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Des-Bal, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.