“Revolution is not the right of the people but the duty.”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: House of Five Leaves
The Federation of Des-Bal is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Vincent Aldremi with an iron fist, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.393 billion Des-Balians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Des-Hagir. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.
Only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, Des-Hagir is a police state during international summits, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Des-Bal's national animal is the Scorpion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Capitalism, and its currency is the Khuul.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 13 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 4 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 6 days ago: Des-Bal's influence in House of Five Leaves rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 10 days ago: Des-Bal's influence in House of Five Leaves rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 11 days ago: Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 26 days ago: Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 1%).
- 26 days ago: Des-Bal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.