The Federation of Des-Bal is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Vincent Aldremi with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, irreverence towards religion, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 14.551 billion Des-Balians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Des-Hagir. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Des-Balian economy, worth a remarkable 4,619 trillion Khuuls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 317,478 Khuuls, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,768,626 per year while the poor average 5,641, a ratio of 490 to 1.
The national sporting identity is represented by a talking burger and a singing smartphone, discarded pennies litter the streets, pro-democracy protesters are shot on sight by state police, and the military is recruiting war criminals to join its weapons research teams. Crime is almost non-existent. Des-Bal's national animal is the Scorpion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector and the Top 5% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Des-Bal's influence in House of Five Leaves fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Des-Bal's influence in House of Five Leaves rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 5% for Largest Black Market.
- : Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Des-Bal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.