“Peace Through Superior Firepower.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Godsend Empire of Dephire is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Phoenix Emperor Tristan Skragg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 19.295 billion Dephireans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ghray. The average income tax rate is 72%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, and most people suffer from some form of hearing loss. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dephire's national animal is the Phoenix Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Mixed, and its currency is the Gothic.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: Dephire lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 18 hours ago: Dephire rejected a request from Nocturnalya for an embassy with Gholgoth.
- 18 hours ago: Dephire lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 20 hours ago: Dephire was endorsed by The Stratocratic Confederacy of Anagonia.
- 20 hours ago: Dephire lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Dephire was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Dephire lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Dephire lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Dephire lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Dephire fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.