“Can we ever have too much of a good thing?”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Friendly Republic of Dennisov is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Siddhārtha Gautama with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.234 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Defence and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ineptia but it is not clear why there. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, and cars are banned from built-up areas. Crime is totally unknown. Dennisov's national animal is the beardog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Buddhism, and its currency is the quixote.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Dennisov was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Dennisov voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Dennisov voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work.
- 5 days ago: Dennisov was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Corporate Bordello".