The Friendly Republic of Dennisov is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Siddhārtha Gautama with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.068 billion Dennisovians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Social Policy, Public Transport, and Environment are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ineptia but it is not clear why there. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Dennisovian economy, worth a remarkable 6,986 trillion quixotes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 258,101 quixotes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The beardog is a protected species, military funding has been stripped back, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime is totally unknown. Dennisov's national animal is the beardog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Buddhism.
Dennisov is ranked 34th in Texas and 9,137th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 297 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 27 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 27 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 8 hours ago: Dennisov voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, military funding has been stripped back.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, the beardog is a protected species.
- 2 days ago: Dennisov was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Dennisov Blood Tithe.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, Dennisov's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Dennisov, nude art is becoming wildly popular.