The Democratic Socialist States of Denly is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Gylfi Sigurdsson with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 4.019 billion Denlyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sottin City. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Denlyian economy, worth 555 trillion Deens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 138,174 Deens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sex changes are routinely performed at Denly's hospitals, illegal hunting is rife after veganism was recently made compulsory, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Denly's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Denly was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 hours ago: Denly was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, illegal hunting is rife after veganism was recently made compulsory.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Denly voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 5 days ago: Denly was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Denly was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, sex changes are routinely performed at Denly's hospitals.
- 6 days ago: Denly endorsed The Republic of Kevnaria.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Anollasia, Wysrod, Earth Federation, Achiotopia, Zabbar, Screaming Saint, Aipotu Ruo, Seranis, Markanite, Grungerock, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Namabia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, The Iron Crown Order, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Tzo, Richecstan, United Stochacist States, Steidenland, New Dracora, Osea Island, Coreras, Kelvinski, Solleana, Transinatria, The Peach Islands, The Republic of Michigan, and Kevnaria.