The Democratic Socialist States of Denly is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Gylfi Sigurdsson with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 4.178 billion Denlyians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sottin City. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Denlyian economy, worth 582 trillion Deens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 139,525 Deens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion, prudishness is on the way out, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Sottin City Times is sold out, and parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Denly's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 2 hours ago: Denly fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 5 days ago: Denly was endorsed by The Free Land of Neo-Fantasia.
- 5 days ago: Denly was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Ilha Rongo Koa.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Sottin City Times is sold out.
- 7 days ago: Denly voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 8 days ago: Denly was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, prudishness is on the way out.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, all judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Anollasia, Wysrod, Earth Federation, Achiotopia, Screaming Saint, Aipotu Ruo, Seranis, Grungerock, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Namabia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, The Iron Crown Order, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Tzo, Richecstan, United Stochacist States, Steidenland, New Dracora, Osea Island, Coreras, Kelvinski, Solleana, Transinatria, The Peach Islands, The Republic of Michigan, Kevnaria, Aersoldorf, Steamhaven II, Ilha Rongo Koa, and Neo-Fantasia.