“Quia omnes populi augmentis”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Democratic Socialist States of Denly is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Gylfi Sigurdsson with a fair hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 3.813 billion Denlyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sottin City. The average income tax rate is 97.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Denlyian economy, worth 520 trillion Deens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 136,628 Deens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, replacement organs are grown in vats, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and welfare funding has recently gone through the roof. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Denly's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Denly is ranked 127th in 10000 Islands and 4,897th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 765.65 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- 17 hours ago: Denly voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, replacement organs are grown in vats.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, organ donation is compulsory.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Denly voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
Endorsements Received: 27 » Anollasia, Wysrod, Earth Federation, Achiotopia, Zabbar, The Jensmonian Empire, Screaming Saint, Aipotu Ruo, Seranis, Markanite, Grungerock, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Namabia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, The Iron Crown Order, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Tzo, Richecstan, United Stochacist States, Steidenland, New Dracora, Osea Island, Coreras, Kelvinski, Solleana, and Transinatria.