The Democratic Socialist States of Denly is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Gylfi Sigurdsson with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, state-planned economy, and keen interest in outer space. The democratic, humorless population of 4.932 billion Denlyians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sottin City. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Denlyian economy, worth 717 trillion Deens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 145,409 Deens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Protests are legal but strictly supervised, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Denly to be bombproof. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Denly's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Denly was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of New Naprela Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Denly to be bombproof.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Denly endorsed The Republic of AmericaIS THE BEST.
- : Denly voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Denly was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Denly was endorsed by The Republic of AmericaIS THE BEST.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Earth Federation, Achiotopia, Screaming Saint, Seranis, Grungerock, Dustwind, Rex Republic, The Iron Crown Order, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Tzo, Richecstan, Steidenland, New Dracora, Osea Island, Coreras, Kelvinski, Solleana, Transinatria, Kevnaria, Aersoldorf, Ilha Rongo Koa, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Germanahii, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Zumwalt, Palaiologos II, FreeGunsForAll, Aipotu Ruo, Samanar, Tyraina, AmericaIS THE BEST, and New Naprela Islands.