The Democratic Socialist States of Denly is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Gylfi Sigurdsson with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The democratic, humorless population of 5.107 billion Denlyians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sottin City. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Denlyian economy, worth 736 trillion Deens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 144,189 Deens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens, all forms of advertising are banned, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, and cars are banned from built-up areas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Denly's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Denly fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Denly was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Denly, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, all forms of advertising are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- : Following new legislation in Denly, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Denly endorsed The Free Land of The Peach Islands.
- : Denly was endorsed by The Free Land of The Peach Islands.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Earth Federation, Achiotopia, Screaming Saint, Seranis, Grungerock, Dustwind, Rex Republic, The Iron Crown Order, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Tzo, Steidenland, New Dracora, Osea Island, Coreras, Kelvinski, Solleana, Transinatria, Kevnaria, Aersoldorf, Ilha Rongo Koa, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Germanahii, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Zumwalt, Palaiologos II, FreeGunsForAll, Aipotu Ruo, Samanar, Tyraina, AmericaIS THE BEST, New Naprela Islands, and The Peach Islands.