The Democratic Socialist States of Denly is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Gylfi Sigurdsson with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, state-planned economy, and daily referendums. The democratic, humorless population of 4.751 billion Denlyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sottin City. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Denlyian economy, worth 677 trillion Deens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 142,654 Deens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Sottin City Times is sold out, the new hit series "Denly's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country, Gylfi Sigurdsson panders to nontraditional families, and the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Denly's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 22 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Denly was endorsed by The Protectorate of Tyraina.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Denly, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, Gylfi Sigurdsson panders to nontraditional families.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, the new hit series "Denly's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country.
- 4 days ago: Denly voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 4 days ago: Denly voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Sottin City Times is sold out.
- 5 days ago: Denly endorsed The Allied States of Samanar.
- 5 days ago: Denly was endorsed by The Allied States of Samanar.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Denly, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Earth Federation, Achiotopia, Screaming Saint, Seranis, Grungerock, Dustwind, Rex Republic, The Iron Crown Order, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Tzo, Richecstan, Steidenland, New Dracora, Osea Island, Coreras, Kelvinski, Solleana, Transinatria, Kevnaria, Aersoldorf, Ilha Rongo Koa, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Germanahii, West Gensokyo, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Zumwalt, Palaiologos II, FreeGunsForAll, Aipotu Ruo, Samanar, and Tyraina.