“To the stars”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Empire of Deneb Algedi is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Masusami with a fair hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.576 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Defence and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wahrheit. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and Deneb Algedi is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is totally unknown. Deneb Algedi's national animal is the Goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Stardusts.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 9 hours ago
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Deneb Algedi was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Deneb Algedi, Deneb Algedi is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Deneb Algedi, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Deneb Algedi, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Deneb Algedi, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Deneb Algedi, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- 7 days ago: Deneb Algedi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Deneb Algedi was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Deneb Algedi, the government pours millions of Stardustss into rehabilitation programs annually.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Deneb Algedi, hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey.
Endorsements Received: 77 (Delegate Vinage, Lemonacia, Precisely Nothing, Kiosland, Pulminary Edema, HK Colt, Anikatia, Millennium Island, Cartagonia, Scanta, Thunderbringer, Lithosia, The Great American Reich, Perzadeland, Spetsnazastan, Munichsten, Uzbekibeki bekibekistanstan, GirlFriday, The Palatine, Etonie, Daru Shikoh, Brodronia, Peelandia, Tryhearts, Ratzloff, Rusland Federati, Felixtown, Balunach, Admitto, Maokai, Amerikaner Bundestaat, Anacoluthon, New Sivonia, Dotastep, Paper Bags, The Knights who say Neee, Serania, Intelligendo, Jaccardistan, Siranus, Bh2o, Bakilior, Armenika, Mascarena, Trollfaceia, Flight, Graeon, Londney, Sor-Trondheim, Englandish, The Equality States, Scantium, Chalutziut, Elgnayland, HellSprites, Zemlyavolk, Noklu, Halladelphia, Brentwood, Heydekrug, Norris Land, Valianter, Saudi Israeliah, Vampirum, Erucia, Euritrea, Oassia, Novascotiatopia, Larck Fad, UUR, Ryanonia, La Argentina Conservadora, Gallente Prime, New Lowerlands, United Empires of the Confederacy, Malinka, Ecurbia)