“. . .”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Armed Republic of Dendor is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Carlon Witt with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.82 billion Dendans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ebona. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Gambling and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
Recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dendor's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Pastafarianism, and its currency is the Gold Imperial.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dendor, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 15 hours ago: Dendor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Dendor was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dendor, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Dendor lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dendor, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Dendor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Dendor, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- 4 days ago: Dendor endorsed The Dominion of The Isle of Tol Eressea.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Dendor, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Earth Federation, Rex Republic, Spadanera, Kelvinski, Anollasia, Slaytania, Dustwind, Randomain, Thomason, Tzo, Grungerock, Blogotopia, Solleana, Moraxellon, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, The Soylent Green Party, Great-Bohemia, Jamestonian Empire, Imbarien, Samonaemia, United Governments of Newrope, Tyraina, Freres La Cote, The imperial state of Japan, Achiotopia, Quineticut, Chronopolice, Wisdomseekers, Creeptopia, Zachais, No Hope, Onarii, Hacame, Kokkinostan, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Robloxica, Wolfhunters, Fulheim, Rojikstan, Seranis, Cuiken, Northern Koryeo, Tinbo, Wolfco, Kievskaya, Christian Indonesia, Invictus, Screaming Saint, Hayden Island, Lubnid, and 47 others.Steidenland, Eust, Ishbal, Athenian League, Raygan angel, Lahuland, Snoozing Buffalax, Future of Mankind, Marghita, Crispia, Voltzenkrad, Benevolent Thomas, Souvlaki, Laan, Coreras, Naarang, Nubpryton, Lanza del relampago, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Spagatine states of Potato, Daves most Amazing Nation To Ever Nation, Gitchie Manito, Kumquat Cove, Kingdom of Mecca, Taiyouji, United Kingdom of Belgium, Aeneasia, Holy Bee, Testa, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Chief of Music, Magirion, Musashi Ariadust, Northern Arcadian Empire, The Angelic Choir, Mystiquelle, Skiles Empire, Shy Guyia, Korbinas, Lysandrion, Zaqaz Death, Beiluxia, Zalactica, Maireland, Kerres Kar, Scow Creek, and The Isle of Tol Eressea.