The Holy Kingdom of Den svenska riket is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King Karl XXVI with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 6.128 billion Swedes have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 93.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Swedish economy, worth 453 trillion Kronor a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. Average income is 74,066 Kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A recent law has banned homes from having any more than one wheel, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny, and the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Den svenska riket's national animal is the Swedish Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Den svenska riket was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Den svenska riket was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 11 days ago: Den svenska riket was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 19 days ago: Den svenska riket was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 22 days ago: Den svenska riket fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 22 days ago: Den svenska riket fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 31 days ago: Den svenska riket fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Den svenska riket, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative.
- 48 days ago: Den svenska riket altered its national flag.
- 48 days ago: Den svenska riket relocated from Balder to 10000 Islands.