“Ex terram potentia”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Constitutional Monarchy of Democratic States of Fenbar is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Lucas II with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate population of 4.44 billion Fenbarricians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fenton. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Soda Sales.
Racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Democratic States of Fenbar's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Fenbarric Protestantism, and its currency is the Fenster.
Most Recent Government Activity: 33 days ago
- 26 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The Insane Asylum Rejects of PureHatred, infecting 1 million survivors.
- 118 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 1%).
- 118 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average.
- 123 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 123 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 127 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 127 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar changed its national demonym to "Fenbarrician" and its demonym adjective to "Fenbarric".
- 127 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar altered its national flag.
- 127 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was refounded in Lazarus.
- 144 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar ceased to exist.