“Ex terram potentia”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Constitutional Monarchy of Democratic States of Fenbar is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Lucas II with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 2.353 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fenton. The average income tax rate is 54%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Soda Sales.
Racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Democratic States of Fenbar's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Fenbarric Protestantism, and its currency is the Fenster.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 18 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Hippostania"".
- 20 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 20 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar applied to join the World Assembly.
- 21 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 22 days ago: Democratic States of Fenbar altered its national flag.
Endorsements Received: None.