“If there isn't an answer, make one”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: The Genesis Corporation
The United Federation of Demirysis is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Chief Councilor Tibertius Esquilinus with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.396 billion Demirilyns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arcadia. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Retail industries.
Penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Chief Councilor Tibertius Esquilinus, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Demirysis's national animal is the Demirilyn phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Genesian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days ago
- 6 days ago: Demirysis's influence in The Genesis Corporation fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 6 days ago: Demirysis's influence in The Genesis Corporation rose from "Minnow" to "Dealmaker".
- 7 days ago: Demirysis relocated from Osiris to The Genesis Corporation.
- 7 days ago: Demirysis was refounded in Osiris.
- 18 days ago: Demirysis ceased to exist.
- 18 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Demirysis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 28 days ago: Demirysis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 35 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 1%).
- 45 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry (last census: Top 5%).