“If there isn't an answer, make one”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: The Genesis Corporation
The United Federation of Demirysis is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chief Councilor Tibertius Esquilinus with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.111 billion Demirilyns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arcadia. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Retail industries.
Penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Chief Councilor Tibertius Esquilinus, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Demirysis's national animal is the Demirilyn phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Genesian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 4 hours ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Demirysis changed its national demonym to "Demirilyn".
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Demirysis changed its national demonym to "Demirylin".
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Demirysis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 4 days ago: Demirysis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 7 days ago: Demirysis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 8 days ago: Demirysis fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 12 days ago: Demirysis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 22 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Demirysis lodged a message on the The Genesis Corporation Regional Message Board.