The United Federation of Demirysis is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Chief Councilor Tibertius Esquilinus with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 12.461 billion Demirilyns are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arcadia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Demirysisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,586 trillion Genesian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 207,552 Genesian Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 837,182 per year while the poor average 34,370, a ratio of 24.4 to 1.
A typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, parents who refuse to vaccinate their children are given a short jail sentence, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Demirysis's national animal is the Demirilyn phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Demirysis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Demirysis's influence in The Genesis Corporation rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Demirysis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector, Most Efficient Economies, Largest Soda Pop Sector, Most Armed, and Rudest Citizens.
- : Demirysis relocated from Lazarus to The Genesis Corporation.
- : Demirysis was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Demirysis ceased to exist.
- : Demirysis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Demirysis's influence in The Genesis Corporation fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Demirysis fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Demirysis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.