The United Federation of Demirysis is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Chief Councilor Tibertius Esquilinus with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 11.136 billion Demirilyns are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arcadia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Demirysisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,287 trillion Genesian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 205,399 Genesian Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 848,223 per year while the poor average 32,700, a ratio of 25.9 to 1.
All major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', and a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Demirysis's national animal is the Demirilyn phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Demirysis is ranked 1,682nd in the world for Largest Agricultural Sector, scoring 7 on the Mu-Bah-Daggs Productivity Index.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Demirysis's influence in The Genesis Corporation rose from "Minnow" to "Enforcer".
- 10 hours ago: Demirysis lodged a message on the The Genesis Corporation Regional Message Board.
- 10 hours ago: Demirysis relocated from Osiris to The Genesis Corporation.
- 20 hours ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 21 hours ago: Demirysis was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Demirysis, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Demirysis, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Demirysis, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Demirysis, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Demirysis was refounded in Osiris.