The United Federation of Demirysis is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Chief Councilor Tibertius Esquilinus with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 11.659 billion Demirilyns are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arcadia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Demirysisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,392 trillion Genesian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 205,186 Genesian Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 831,937 per year while the poor average 33,687, a ratio of 24.7 to 1.
A typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, parents who refuse to vaccinate their children are given a short jail sentence, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Demirysis's national animal is the Demirilyn phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 7 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 13 days ago: Demirysis's influence in The Genesis Corporation fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 14 days ago: Demirysis's influence in The Genesis Corporation rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 14 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 15 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Demirysis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 18 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Demirysis's influence in The Genesis Corporation fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 25 days ago: Demirysis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 27 days ago: Demirysis fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.