The Serene Republic of Demincia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Il Mentore with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 10.483 billion Demincians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Demincia City. The average income tax rate is 84.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Demincian economy, worth 909 trillion Vatyas a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 86,773 Vatyas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, replacement organs are grown in vats, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Demincia's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is The Creed.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Demincia agreed to construct embassies between Orias and Avadam Inn.
- : Demincia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Demincia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Demincia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Demincia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Demincia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Demincia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Demincia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Demincia agreed to construct embassies between Orias and The Radiant.
- : Demincia lodged a message on the Orias Regional Message Board.