The Protectorate of Delsola is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lord Protector Dragutin Krešo Petrović with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, parental licensing program, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 7.82 billion Delsolans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Titanusan. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Delsolan economy, worth a remarkable 2,019 trillion Krelas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 258,233 Krelas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Delsola's national animal is the Stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Titanism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 98 minutes ago
- 13 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 33 days ago: Delsola fell out of the world Top 1% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 50 days ago: Delsola fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Armed.
- 56 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 69 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 87 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 95 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 121 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 122 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 129 days ago: Delsola fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.