The Protectorate of Delsola is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lord Protector Dragutin Krešo Petrović with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, avowedly heterosexual populace, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 8.385 billion Delsolans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Titanusan. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Delsolan economy, worth a remarkable 2,172 trillion Krelas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 259,113 Krelas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Delsola's national animal is the Stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Titanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Delsola fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- : Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Delsola lodged a message on the The Federal Union Regional Message Board.
- : Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Delsola fell out of the world Top 1% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Delsola fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Armed.
- : Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Delsola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.