“Homo Homini Lupus Est”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Federal Union
The Protectorate of Delsola is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Lord Protector Dragutin Krešo Petrović with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.74 billion Delsolans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Titanusan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Information Technology.
The new prison system is crowding up at an alarming rate, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Delsola's radio stations, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime is crippling. Delsola's national animal is the Stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Orthodox Titanism, and its currency is the Krela.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Delsola changed its national faith to "Orthodox Titanism".
- 12 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 28 days ago: Delsola's influence in The Federal Union rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 39 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 1%).
- 39 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 64 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 67 days ago: Delsola fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 83 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- 112 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 122 days ago: Delsola fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Conservative.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Midrasia.