“Homo Homini Lupus Est”
|Category: Right-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Federal Union
The Protectorate of Delsola is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Lord Protector Dragutin Krešo Petrović with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.373 billion are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Titanusan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Information Technology.
The new prison system is crowding up at an alarming rate, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Delsola's radio stations, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime is crippling. Delsola's national animal is the Stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Orthadox Titanism, and its currency is the Krela.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 day ago: Delsola's influence in The Federal Union fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 2 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 5 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 5 days ago: Delsola's influence in The Federal Union rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 9 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 11 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 18 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 19 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.