The Protectorate of Delsola is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lord Protector Dragutin Krešo Petrović with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 7.084 billion Delsolans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Titanusan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Delsolan economy, worth a remarkable 1,804 trillion Krelas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 254,715 Krelas, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
Women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Delsola's national animal is the Stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Titanism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Delsola fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 17 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 20 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 25 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 38 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 40 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 43 days ago: Delsola's influence in The Federal Union fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- 48 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 58 days ago: Delsola published "KalSiEMag" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- 61 days ago: Delsola's influence in The Federal Union rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
Endorsements Received: None.