“Homo Homini Lupus Est”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Federal Union
The Protectorate of Delsola is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Lord Protector Dragutin Krešo Petrović with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.643 billion Delsolans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Titanusan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Information Technology.
Women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime is crippling. Delsola's national animal is the Stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Orthodox Titanism, and its currency is the Krela.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 8 hours ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 35 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 52 days ago: Delsola published "Maps for RPs" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- 63 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 89 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 91 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 95 days ago: Delsola fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 97 days ago: Delsola lodged a message on the The Federal Union Regional Message Board.
- 100 days ago: Delsola fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 111 days ago: Delsola was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Midrasia.