“Freedom and Liberty ”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Democratic Republic of Della Sala is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Augustus Maximus with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.196 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Defence, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kandor. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales industries.
The government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, and the children of Della Sala are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence. Crime is a problem. Della Sala's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 35 days ago: Della Sala fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 36 days ago: Della Sala was refounded in Osiris.
- 36 days ago: Della Sala ceased to exist.
- 47 days ago: Della Sala was endorsed by The United States of New Sekai.
- 47 days ago: Della Sala was endorsed by The Military Welfare State of New Charlzilla.
- 48 days ago: Della Sala was endorsed by The Delicious Fruit of Kiwitaicho.
- 49 days ago: Della Sala was endorsed by The Kingdom of Alunya.
- 52 days ago: Della Sala fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 56 days ago: Della Sala was endorsed by The Sovereign Kingdom of Ator People.
- 58 days ago: Della Sala was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Haafingar and Hjaalmarch.