The United Empire of Decorder is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Rel Adler with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and smutty television. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 4.575 billion Decorderians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cydonia. The average income tax rate is 88.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Decorderian economy, worth 444 trillion Light Stoneses a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 97,224 Light Stoneses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, the military invades any neighboring nation with the gall to criticize its policies, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, and only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Decorder's national animal is the Cerberus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Decorderism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Decorder fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Decorder's influence in New Warsaw Pact rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Decorder's influence in New Warsaw Pact rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Decorder's influence in New Warsaw Pact rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Decorder's influence in New Warsaw Pact rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Decorder, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens.