The United Empire of Decorder is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Rel Adler with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 4.43 billion Decorderians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cydonia. The average income tax rate is 88.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Decorderian economy, worth 426 trillion Pesottas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 96,302 Pesottas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Drunk drivers are sentenced to death, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves, the fastest growing demographic of porn viewership is twelve to seventeen, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Decorder's national animal is the Snake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Decorderism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Decorder fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : Decorder was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Decorder applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Decorder was refounded in Osiris.
- : Decorder ceased to exist.