The Nuts and Bolts of Decacon is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Project Manager Jim with an iron fist, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, zero percent divorce rate, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.905 billion Half-Robots are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Motherboard. The average income tax rate is 84.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Partially Robotic economy, worth 104 trillion Nuts a year, is quite specialized and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,594 Nuts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor, school history books often refer to Project Manager Jim as "that imperialist pig dog", and surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Decacon's national animal is the Central Processing Unit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Decacon published "Drafting (don't mind me)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Decacon resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Decacon endorsed The I Moved Your Cheese Bandits of Mousebumples.
- : Decacon withdrew its endorsement from The I Moved Your Cheese Bandits of Mousebumples.
- : Decacon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- : Decacon was endorsed by The People's Grand Republic of Bharatia.
- : Decacon lodged a message on the Europeia Regional Message Board.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Jusduckria.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The Colony of Five Brothers Island.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The Republic of Tomaenia.