The Nuts and Bolts of Decacon is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Council of Ten with an iron fist, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, prohibition of alcohol, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 2.736 billion Ten-Fingers are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of United Ten Thousand Cities. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ten-Fingered economy, worth 158 trillion Decis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,897 Decis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Ten-Fingered bee, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play, one lone government employee can be seen hunting for the elusive stray white dog, and self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their drivers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Decacon's national animal is the Ten-Fingered Alligator, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Decacon lodged a message on the Europeia Regional Message Board.
- : Decacon resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Leinadior.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Hasbergen.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The Federation of Felanland.
- : Decacon's influence in Europeia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Decacon was endorsed by The Nice-ish population of Possibly this.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The Democratic States of Katkasistan.
- : Decacon's influence in Europeia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Decacon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.