The Nuts and Bolts of Decacon is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Minister Rand Chastain-Anumia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, prohibition of alcohol, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 2.898 billion Ten-Fingers are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The 10th District. The average income tax rate is 84.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ten-Fingered economy, worth 175 trillion Decis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 60,584 Decis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
One lone government employee can be seen hunting for the elusive stray white dog, self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their drivers, the once prosperous capital is in utter decline, and acrimonious legal battles result during divorce proceedings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Decacon's national animal is the Ten-Fingered Alligator, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The I Moved Your Cheese Bandits of Mousebumples appointed Decacon as Minister of Interior with authority over Communications in Europeia.
- : Following new legislation in Decacon, acrimonious legal battles result during divorce proceedings.
- : Following new legislation in Decacon, the once prosperous capital is in utter decline.
- : Decacon changed its national capital to "The 10th District".
- : Decacon changed its national leader to "Minister Rand Chastain-Anumia" and its motto to "Serving the Republic of Europeia for a year and a half.".
- : Decacon altered its national flag.
- : Decacon lodged a message on the Europeia Regional Message Board.
- : Decacon resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Leinadior.
- : Decacon was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Hasbergen.