The Love of Death or Life is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Thomas Matthew Delonge with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 14.417 billion Death or Lifeans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Santa Fe. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 92.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Death or Lifean economy, worth a remarkable 5,030 trillion Lives a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 348,917 Lives, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,593,620 per year while the poor average 13,887, a ratio of 186 to 1.
Santa Fe is a police state during international summits, cities are engulfed by smog, citizens must have a license to operate a computer, and the world outside is only known of in folklore. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Death or Life's national animal is the Soldier, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Anti-war.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Death or Life's influence in 00000 A World Power rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 10 days ago: Death or Life fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 12 days ago: Death or Life fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 12 days ago: Death or Life lodged a message on the 00000 A World Power Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: Death or Life was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Death or Life fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 23 days ago: Death or Life was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 24 days ago: Death or Life fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 25 days ago: Death or Life fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 27 days ago: Death or Life was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: None.