“Die,Die and DIEEEEEEEEE! And you're dead.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
Location: Paradise Storage
The Cross Bones of Deadmans is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Duke of Deadmans with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.688 billion Deadmansians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deatland City. The average income tax rate is 26%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, eminent domain has been abolished, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deadmans's national animal is the zombie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Borism, and its currency is the Borish Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 59 days ago
- 11 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 22 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 22 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 25 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 27 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage fell from "Powerbroker" to "Negotiator".
- 28 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage rose from "Negotiator" to "Powerbroker".
- 43 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 53 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 54 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 55 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).