“Die,Die and DIEEEEEEEEE! And you're dead.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Heartland
The Cross Bones of Deadmans is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Duke of Deadmans with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.469 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deatland City. The average income tax rate is 26%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, eminent domain has been abolished, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deadmans's national animal is the zombie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Borism, and its currency is the Borish Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 19 days ago: Deadmans lodged a message on the The Heartland Regional Message Board.
- 47 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 72 days ago: Deadmans lodged a message on the The Heartland Regional Message Board.
- 72 days ago: Deadmans relocated from Slembanas puppet storage to The Heartland.
- 74 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average.
- 81 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 86 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 125 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 165 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 168 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.