The Cross Bones of Deadmans is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Duke of Deadmans with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 14.676 billion Deadmansians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deathland. The average income tax rate is 72.7%.
The strong Deadmansian economy, worth 326 trillion Borish Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Gambling industry. Average income is 22,256 Borish Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, eminent domain has been abolished, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deadmans's national animal is the zombie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Borism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Deadmans was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Deadmans's influence in Paradise Haven fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Deadmans's influence in Paradise Haven fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Deadmans's influence in Paradise Haven fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Deadmans's influence in Paradise Haven fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Deadmans voted for The United Federation of Eura in Round 3 of the election.
- : Deadmans's influence in Paradise Haven fell from "Hermit" to "Power".
- : Deadmans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average, Largest Populations, and Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Deadmans's influence in Paradise Haven rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Deadmans voted for The United Federation of Eura in Round 2 of the election.