The Cross Bones of Deadmans is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Duke of Deadmans with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, avowedly heterosexual populace, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 13.228 billion Deadmansians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deathland. The average income tax rate is 72.8%.
The strong Deadmansian economy, worth 293 trillion Borish Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Gambling industry. Average income is 22,206 Borish Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, eminent domain has been abolished, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deadmans's national animal is the zombie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Borism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 7 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 8 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 11 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 69 days ago: Deadmans changed its national capital to "Deathland".
- 69 days ago: Deadmans changed its national capital to "Deathland City".
- 86 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Devout.
- 90 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 111 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 111 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Pacifist.
- 117 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".