“Die,Die and DIEEEEEEEEE! And you're dead.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Paradise Storage
The Cross Bones of Deadmans is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Duke of Deadmans with an even hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.696 billion Deadmansians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deatland City. The average income tax rate is 72.8%.
The strong Deadmansian economy, worth 281 trillion Borish Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Gambling industry. Average income is 22,206 Borish Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, eminent domain has been abolished, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deadmans's national animal is the zombie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Borism.
Deadmans is ranked 1st in Paradise Storage and 32,192nd in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 82 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 33 days ago
- 11 hours ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 21 days ago: Deadmans was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 21 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Pacifist.
- 28 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 84 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 95 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 108 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 112 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 134 days ago: Deadmans fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Average.
- 136 days ago: Deadmans's influence in Paradise Storage rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".