“We gladly feast on those who would oppress us”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: The East Pacific
The Allied States of De Quay is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The chair of The Elect Of Nine with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.841 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ferndale. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
A determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end, society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, and criminals are thrown to the naked pygmy mole rats to repay their debt to society. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. De Quay's national animal is the naked pygmy mole rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Reformed Violetism, and its currency is the quid.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 7 hours ago: De Quay was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 7 hours ago: De Quay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 14 hours ago: De Quay was endorsed by The Karma Police of Babiana.
- 6 days ago: De Quay was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Greater States of Valyria.
- 7 days ago: De Quay was endorsed by The United States of Probaptical.
- 7 days ago: De Quay was endorsed by The Dominion of Nuclear Test Site.
- 8 days ago: De Quay was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in De Quay, criminals are thrown to the naked pygmy mole rats to repay their debt to society.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in De Quay, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in De Quay, society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Kangarawa, Drakkengard, The Romanum Legio, East Malaysia, Wentworthville, Fyrdowsi, Trimmania, Freedom Fascists, Lyontisia, Blazing Samaritan, Adolanta, Zang0, Chung King, Hegemon, Boridia, Bella The Dog, Haifischland, Bai Lung, Bad-tibira, Pikminian, Ziwaiworld, Brightharpia, Meltannesia, Lanagon, Duracell, Garyana, Baru Surga, Craital, JPM, AirFresheners, Matioria, Todd McCloud, Lery, A Slanted Black Stripe, Malayas, Elejamie, A mean old man, Amareux, Off silly hats, Macaroniwolf, The Oan Isles, Kaigi, Acrotasia, Goodnamesarerare, The Shadow Brotherhood, The New Fredericton, Ragnaria, Sandybeach, Tropicalis, MikGonnia, and 16 others.Roissyland, Icuri, Druubeltown, Bachtendekuppen, Armandie, Tonna, Weed, Mundiferrum, Ramaeus, HOPEY CHANGY, Erzt-Archadia, Linn Westcott, Nuclear Test Site, Probaptical, The Greater States of Valyria, and Babiana.