“Pax melior est quam iustissimum bellum.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 19.673 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Law & Order are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 3%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 2 hours ago: Dauershire fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 9 days ago: Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 9 days ago: Dauershire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 9 days ago: Dauershire endorsed The Republic of Aerdan.
- 10 days ago: Dauershire was endorsed by The Republic of Aerdan.
- 14 days ago: Dauershire endorsed The United Islands of Zeckland.
- 17 days ago: Dauershire was endorsed by The United Islands of Zeckland.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Nuweland, Saconian, Stromia, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Beauvoir, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Ivernia, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, Grasaland, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Multatuli, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, Castanos, Outer Prussia, Foucaults garden, The Roman Imperial Republic, Marmiedon, Voxum Mortalum, Pesaro and Urbino, Domanouq, Jovan Balac, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Hamland, An Clar, Giuseppe Verdi, Carstvo, Great British Isles and Ireland, and Zeckland.