The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 23.407 billion Dauershireans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 4.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Dauershirean economy, worth a remarkable 2,860 trillion euros a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 122,191 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, and inter-species marriages are ignored by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dauershire endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Arcovova.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Arcovova.
- : Dauershire endorsed The Principality of Hamilton-by-sea.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Principality of Hamilton-by-sea.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government.
- : Dauershire was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- : Dauershire endorsed The Republic of Durrenmoss.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Lieges, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Prinx, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Bluegoodland, Estacia, The Fair Republic, New Decius, Troltovia, Woschia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Great Briten Ireland France and Benelux, Feux, Polonilandia, Ellesin, Tuccistahn, Vesterheim, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, GijsMr, Seaton, Eurosceptic Citizens, Durrenmoss, Hamilton-by-sea, and Arcovova.