The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its deadly medical pandemics, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 24.858 billion Dauershireans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Education, with Environment, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. Income tax is unheard of.
The very strong Dauershirean economy, worth a remarkable 4,300 trillion euros a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 173,018 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is known as the cheapskates of Europe, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, judges are all-powerful, and administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Kingdom of Silvecia.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, judges are all-powerful.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the nation is known as the cheapskates of Europe.
- : Dauershire endorsed The Republic of Yugo-Hungary.
- : Dauershire endorsed The United Socialist States of Paltensia and Bursh.
- : Dauershire endorsed The Holy Empire of Out of Mind.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Out of Mind.
- : Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Lieges, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, The Fair Republic, New Decius, Troltovia, Woschia, Polonilandia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, Eurosceptic Citizens, Durrenmoss, Agrase, North of Americas, Fossekallen, Dorsendo, Kwakwakutlopia, LEGGETT EMPIRE, Newmere, MSolandish Empire, La Jermania, Alpinovia, Ayasofya, The Lion of Damascus, Noscoping, Huygevoort, Mynox, Ebin, AirstripZero, and 21 others.Bearhinoland, Cha0sNation, GeneralStalin, Republic of the Goat, The European Federation-, Zifre, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Saint-Didier, Abalucia, Stannard, Allisonium, Ahavila, Umeria, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Slavorussia, Union of the north, Yugo-Hungary, Paltensia and Bursh, Out of Mind, and Silvecia.