The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 25.079 billion Dauershireans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Education, although Environment, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. Income tax is unheard of.
The very strong Dauershirean economy, worth a remarkable 4,372 trillion euros a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 174,367 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, and the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, immigrants are asked to leave their cultural traditions and pride at the border.
- : Dauershire was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Dauershire endorsed The Irish Lands of Dragao da Luz.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Irish Lands of Dragao da Luz.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Lieges, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, The Fair Republic, New Decius, Troltovia, Woschia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, Durrenmoss, Agrase, North of Americas, Fossekallen, Dorsendo, LEGGETT EMPIRE, Newmere, MSolandish Empire, La Jermania, Alpinovia, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Mynox, Ebin, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Cha0sNation, GeneralStalin, Republic of the Goat, The European Federation-, and 21 others.Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Saint-Didier, Abalucia, Stannard, Allisonium, Umeria, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Slavorussia, Union of the north, Yugo-Hungary, Paltensia and Bursh, Out of Mind, Silvecia, DGAF No-2, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Evka, Behrakia, The Jedi-Zombi Jezus, and Dragao da Luz.