“Pax melior est quam iustissimum bellum.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 20.706 billion Dauershireans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Law & Order are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 6%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Voting is voluntary, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 115 minutes ago: Dauershire fell out of the world Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, voting is voluntary.
- 5 days ago: Dauershire endorsed The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 7 days ago: Dauershire was endorsed by The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 9 days ago: Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Dauershire was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 48 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Nuweland, Stromia, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Beauvoir, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, Grasaland, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Multatuli, Outer Prussia, Foucaults garden, The Roman Imperial Republic, Marmiedon, Voxum Mortalum, Each-Uisge, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Walira, Turukelia, Athos and Byzantium, Ecclestia, Horreum, Mount Liban, Norse German Federation, Chiolena, Anoirica, Pileusia, Lieges, Pantoufle, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Liltow, and Wintermountain.