The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 24.53 billion Dauershireans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Education, although Environment and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The very strong Dauershirean economy, worth a remarkable 4,266 trillion euros a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 173,930 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, meteorologists are instantly recognizable from their luxury cars and jewelry, and city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, meteorologists are instantly recognizable from their luxury cars and jewelry.
- : Dauershire endorsed The Holy Empire of Allisonium.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Allisonium.
- : Dauershire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "The Rule of Law".
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the government has completely eliminated all childcare programs.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the government refuses to transmit electricity to secessionist regions.
- : Dauershire was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "Capitalist Paradise".
Endorsements Received: 80 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Lieges, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, The Fair Republic, New Decius, Troltovia, Woschia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Polonilandia, Vesterheim, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, GijsMr, Eurosceptic Citizens, Durrenmoss, Agrase, North of Americas, Fossekallen, Dorsendo, Kwakwakutlopia, Imperialist German Empire, LEGGETT EMPIRE, Alldyn, Newmere, MSolandish Empire, Serbian Chetniks, Union of the north, and 30 others.La Jermania, Alpinovia, Ayasofya, The Lion of Damascus, Noscoping, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Koelle, Achareidh, Mynox, Ebin, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, Cha0sNation, GeneralStalin, Republic of the Goat, Doerigsland, The Blakeley Isles, Czechlands, The European Federation-, Zifre, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Paltensia and Bursh, Saint-Didier, Abalucia, Dragao da Luz, Stannard, and Allisonium.