“Pax melior est quam iustissimum bellum.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 21.199 billion Dauershireans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Law & Order are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 10%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, euthanasia is legal, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, and leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
- 4 days ago: Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 7 days ago: Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Dauershire fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- 13 days ago: Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, euthanasia is legal.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 17 days ago: Dauershire was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Dauershire, the Dauershire Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Beauvoir, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Multatuli, Outer Prussia, Foucaults garden, Marmiedon, An Clar, Ecclestia, Horreum, Norse German Federation, Anoirica, Pileusia, Lieges, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Mulderanian Empire, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Zeebstein, Termunus, and New Brussland.