The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 22.719 billion Dauershireans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 6.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Dauershirean economy, worth a remarkable 3,487 trillion euros a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 153,499 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, birth rates have hit an all-time low, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dauershire endorsed The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : Dauershire was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Dauershire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : Dauershire was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Lieges, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Prinx, Mulderanian Empire, Polonilandia, Outer Sparta, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Bluegoodland, Neuss, Insula Funchal, Satan Bear, United Dragons, The German-speaking territories, Estacia, Continental Social Democrats, The Fair Republic, New Decius, Kauderia, Limanie, Eufland, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Quantum Instability, and Tuccistahn.