The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 24.684 billion Dauershireans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Education, although Environment and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The very strong Dauershirean economy, worth a remarkable 4,375 trillion euros a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 177,241 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace, and the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The United powers of Union of the north.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- : Dauershire endorsed The Empire of Slavorussia.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Empire of Slavorussia.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, a Europe Tourist Association survey has rated Dauershire #1 for number twos.
- : Dauershire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, South Cowland, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Lieges, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, The Fair Republic, New Decius, Troltovia, Woschia, The Nether Regions, Polonilandia, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, GijsMr, Eurosceptic Citizens, Durrenmoss, Agrase, North of Americas, Fossekallen, Dorsendo, Kwakwakutlopia, Imperialist German Empire, LEGGETT EMPIRE, Newmere, MSolandish Empire, Serbian Chetniks, La Jermania, Alpinovia, Ayasofya, The Lion of Damascus, and 27 others.Noscoping, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Koelle, Mynox, Ebin, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Cha0sNation, GeneralStalin, Republic of the Goat, The Blakeley Isles, The European Federation-, Zifre, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Paltensia and Bursh, Saint-Didier, Abalucia, Dragao da Luz, Stannard, Allisonium, Ahavila, Umeria, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Slavorussia, and Union of the north.