|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Rechom of Darmen is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by den Duce ands den Primehl Arester with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 7.866 billion Darmenis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scott Cytir. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Rushmore, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darmen's national animal is the Gestnise Sceterd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Forden Christacyt, and its currency is the Baba.
Darmen is ranked 33rd in Rushmore and 25,084th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 143.25 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Darmen fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Darmen published "Office of the Royal Ombudsman" (Factbook: Politics).
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Darmen published "Office of the Ambassador to the World Assembly" (Factbook: Politics).
- 8 days ago: Darmen lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 9 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 13 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 15 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Panem".