|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Rechom of Darmen is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by den Duce ands den Primehl Arester with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 8.03 billion Darmenis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scott Cytir. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Rushmore, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and nursing mothers are often arrested for indecent exposure. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darmen's national animal is the Gestnise Sceterd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Forden Christacyt, and its currency is the Baba.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 8 days ago: Darmen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".
- 12 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Improving Wordiness".
- 16 days ago: Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
- 19 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Darmen, nursing mothers are often arrested for indecent exposure.
- 28 days ago: Darmen fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 30 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".