|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Rechom of Darmen is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by den Duce ands den Primehl Arester with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 7.691 billion Darmenis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scott Cytir. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The explosive fireball of the disintegrating space shuttle has devastated Cape Darmen, the government is funneling billions into Cape Darmen following the shuttle crash, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, and government policy is dictated by Forden Christacyt. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darmen's national animal is the Gestnise Sceterd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Forden Christacyt, and its currency is the Baba.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Darmen, government policy is dictated by Forden Christacyt.
- 4 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 6 days ago: Darmen was endorsed by The Travelling WA Mission of Electrum Diplomatic Offices.
- 7 days ago: Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 8 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 10 days ago: Darmen changed its national demonym adjective to "Darmeni".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Darmen, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament.