|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Rechom of Darmen is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by den Duce ands den Primehl Arester with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 7.125 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scott Cytir. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, the nation leads Rushmore in per capita stalking, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, and the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darmen's national animal is the Gestnise Sceterd, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Forden Christacyt, and its currency is the Baba.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 10 hours ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Darmen endorsed The Federated Island States of Mollary.
- 4 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 4 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 5 days ago: Darmen was endorsed by The Federated Island States of Mollary.
- 8 days ago: Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Darmen, the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters.
- 10 days ago: Darmen lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Darmen, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent.