“Nukes can't stop us, but a giant foot is another story”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the South Pacific
The Holy Aeonian Citadel of Darakin is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Ashton Q Westchester III with an even hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 19.765 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darakin Citadel. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, eminent domain has been abolished, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darakin's national animal is the puma, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the shmingel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Darakin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Darakin, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Darakin, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- 12 days ago: Darakin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 14 days ago: Darakin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 14 days ago: Darakin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Darakin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 17 days ago: Darakin endorsed The Elite Strike Force of The Sanghelios Legion.
- 19 days ago: Darakin was endorsed by The Elite Strike Force of The Sanghelios Legion.
- 22 days ago: Darakin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Fudgetopia, Lakarian, Kiasu-ism, Gauthier, Yeses, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Starhunter, Emiton, Zakanda, Soem, Kukkelisvaara, LeonDegrelle, Chubrubs, Nevergrowoldia, Cape Adare, The Bloodguard, Brittany the Great, Theorin, Aramanchovia, Aechor, Atamis, Arthloxia, Lord Booze, The Two Jerseys, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Esperanceland, Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, The Union of Human Territories, Flatulati Incontinentia, Katostan, South Pacific Belschaft, Rockchester, Michu, Kanneronic, RandomGuyNation WA Seat, Drystar, Mithland, Halo 7, Karatengisa, Kien Truong, BIOTECH Industries, Ryccia, Church Hills, Glenavar, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, Tyflugian, and 49 others.Roucheliere, Ihmawrtl, WallaWakkaWalla, Farengeto, Tsunamy, Nyfinest128, Militaristic Terror, The United Communist Solar Republic, Hidden Leaf Village, Tealia, Iyadara, The Dragons Islands, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Komania, Sherlockopia, Kringalia, Sanden, IceReign, Amadena, Darygyos, SketchyGround, Akiroslobaquia, Brinagada, Essivsoomm, Auxha, Creepypastian, Punchwood, ErinMcMahon, Drugged Monkeys, Karlstadt, THE BAHMIAN EMPIRE, Dun Dun Dun, Pillaganburnistan, Dannada, Aschenburg, Admonora, American Republic of Independent States, Callistaire, Axelzuera, End666, Splend0ra, Kandoo, Imperator Zhodo, Southern Wiland, Terrariel, Dragonflight, Cake and Cookies, Valposeba, and Edgardian Empire.