|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Free City of Danzig is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by High Commisioner Carl Hauser with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working population of 3.929 billion Dannishs are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Danzig. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danzig's national animal is the German Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is the Lutheran Faith, and its currency is the Reichmark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 4 days ago: Danzig's influence in Verusea fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 5 days ago: Danzig's influence in Verusea fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 5 days ago: Danzig's influence in Verusea fell from "Hermit" to "Power".
- 6 days ago: Danzig's influence in Verusea rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 6 days ago: Danzig relocated from Lazarus to Verusea.
- 6 days ago: Danzig altered its national flag.
- 6 days ago: Danzig changed its national demonym to "Dannish", its demonym adjective to "Dannish", and its demonym plural to "Dannishs".
- 6 days ago: Danzig was refounded in Lazarus.
- 1 year 124 days ago: Danzig ceased to exist.
- 1 year 126 days ago: Danzig fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.