|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Eastern Europe
The Free City of Danzig is a massive, safe nation, ruled by High Commisioner Carl Hauser with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 3.546 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Danzig. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 41%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danzig's national animal is the German Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is the Lutheran Faith, and its currency is the Reichmark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Danzig was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 11 days ago: Danzig was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Danzig was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 40 days ago: Danzig was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 71 days ago: Danzig was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 72 days ago: Danzig was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 75 days ago: Danzig was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average.
- 79 days ago: Danzig was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 101 days ago: Danzig fell out of the regional Top 5% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 102 days ago: Danzig was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".