“Without innocence the cross is only iron”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Optimistische Pessimisten of Dangertk is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Puppeteer with an iron fist, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.977 billion Puppets are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zaandam. The average income tax rate is 30%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Gambling.
Tax rises are attributed to divine will, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, cities are engulfed by smog, and it's always rabbit season. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dangertk's national animal is the beast, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Pessimism, and its currency is the bottle.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 10 hours ago: Dangertk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Dangertk, it's always rabbit season.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Dangertk, cities are engulfed by smog.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Dangertk, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- 8 days ago: Dangertk was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Dangertk, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Dangertk, some members of Parliament are illiterate.
- 22 days ago: Dangertk changed its national demonym to "Puppet".
- 22 days ago: Dangertk changed its national demonym to "Puppets".
- 28 days ago: Dangertk was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.