The Medieval Principality of Danestate is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by King Edmund IV with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and public floggings. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 4.404 billion Danes are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of York. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Danestatean economy, worth 423 trillion Ducats a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 96,198 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, 'Coloniser-in-Chief' has become King Edmund IV's new moniker, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danestate's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Danestate's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Danestate's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Danestate relocated from British Isles to The Pacific.
- : Danestate's influence in British Isles rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Danestate's influence in British Isles rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Danestate's influence in British Isles rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry, Longest Average Lifespans, Largest Publishing Industry, Healthiest Citizens, and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Danestate lodged a message on the British Isles Regional Message Board.