The Medieval Principality of Danestate is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Edmund IV with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, enslaved workforce, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 3.992 billion Danes are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of York. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Danestatean economy, worth 371 trillion Ducats a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 93,045 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, 'Coloniser-in-Chief' has become King Edmund IV's new moniker, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danestate's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Danestate is ranked 8th in British Isles and 7,451st in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 362 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Danestate was endorsed by The Empire of Jerazol.
- : Danestate was endorsed by The Holy Blue Wonderland of Keronika.
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Danestate's influence in British Isles rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Danestate was endorsed by The Laissez-faire Dictatorship of PostHumania-Z.
- : Danestate's influence in British Isles rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".