The Medieval Principality of Danestate is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Edmund IV with an iron fist, and renowned for its national health service, public floggings, and enslaved workforce. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.576 billion Danestateans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of York. The average income tax rate is 71.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Danestatean economy, worth 314 trillion Ducats a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 87,877 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pro-democracy regime change has been avoided, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danestate's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Danestate was refounded in Osiris.
- : Danestate ceased to exist.
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- : Danestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Danestate, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- : Following new legislation in Danestate, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room.
- : Following new legislation in Danestate, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Danestate, pro-democracy regime change has been avoided.
- : Danestate relocated from Balder to Wintreath.