The Constitutional Monarchy of Danesopia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by HBM Doge Grimoald KG GCB OMRI with a fair hand, and renowned for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 6.587 billion Danesopians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Welfare, although Education, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Danorum. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The strong Danesopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,005 trillion Pounds a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 152,580 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, and truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danesopia's national animal is the Puffin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Stephen Fry Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Danesopia was endorsed by The Village of Prostokvashino.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Danesopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Danesopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Safeguards".
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, organ donation rates have hit a new low.
- : Danesopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Amerion, Loftegen, Courlany, Ecchi Unlimited, New Rogernomics, Belschaft, Funkadelia, Borsovia, Praenestia, BelloCaprica, Powthran, Communist Stephen Colbert, Harmoneia, and Prostokvashino.