The Constitutional Monarchy of Danesopia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by HBM Doge Grimoald KG GCB OMRI with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.582 billion Danesopians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Danorum. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Danesopian economy, worth a remarkable 2,076 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 241,969 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations, and unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danesopia's national animal is the Puffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Stephen Fry Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Danesopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- : Danesopia was endorsed by The Grand Holy Imperial Empire of General Mike.
- : Danesopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Danesopia was endorsed by The Vast Domains of Republica de Muchansclon.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Loftegen, Ecchi Unlimited, Borsovia, Praenestia, Powthran, Harmoneia, Darkium, Faksjeb, Alunya, The New California Republic, Caldariat, Trackeendy, North Qumar, Jo Jo Sadie, Proteste, The Salvation States, Datalia, Laputa Robota, Killahdom, Lazarus CoS, Kowassati, Lake Flotillas, Killer Kitty, Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders, Amerion, Courlany, Farmboybob, Tawwin, Benevolent Thomas, Vasantha, Greesa, Huge Buns, Claraxia, Deadmau5, Elthalion, LeBomb, Axixic, Katima, New Rogernomics, Aegis-5, BHD, Nova Serica, Alienmarky, Arkanik, Aspratia, Sharps inc, Traditionals, Aigania, Republica de Muchansclon, and General Mike.