The Constitutional Monarchy of Danesopia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by HBM Doge Grimoald KG GCB OMRI with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.027 billion Danesopians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Danorum. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Danesopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,850 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 230,487 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, and Danesopia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danesopia's national animal is the Puffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Stephen Fry Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, Danesopia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
- : Following new legislation in Danesopia, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Danesopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Danesopia was endorsed by The Republic of VanHelsing.
- : Danesopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Partially Born".
Endorsements Received: 36 » Amerion, Loftegen, Courlany, Ecchi Unlimited, Borsovia, Praenestia, BelloCaprica, Powthran, Harmoneia, Lake Flotillas, Darkium, Sammi Land, Faksjeb, Alunya, The New California Republic, Caldariat, Trackeendy, North Qumar, NATION634, Starberries, Jo Jo Sadie, Adytus, Scani, Proteste, The Salvation States, Union of Antartica, San Andrewa, Datalia, American MapleStory, Prince Minikid, Laputa Robota, Killahdom, Lazarus CoS, KORPORATELAND, Terabon, and Kowassati.