“Ad astra per aspera”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: New Warsaw Pact
The Nomadic Peoples of Damanucus is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Passenly Barr-Dayg with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate population of 8.965 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Triolin. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, guns are banned, and extreme political groups are outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Damanucus's national animal is the chameleon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the damanucan lira.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 14 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Damanucus was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Damanucus, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Damanucus was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Damanucus, guns are banned.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Damanucus, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Damanucus, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Damanucus, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Damanucus, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Damanucus lodged a message on the New Warsaw Pact Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Damanucus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
Endorsements Received: 24 (Akilehan, Keddikan, Adaia, Dilbury, Kholdlands, Altaggannah, S3rbia, Raszagal, Mrongo, PDHTN, West Zeitland, Lower Hesse, Tangafia, Peisistratia, Toma2007, USAB, The Clarion, Svornost, Dragomere, The Saturnian Republic, The Shogunate, Monzorovia, Zeraxia, Euri)