The Nomadic Peoples of Damanucus is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Passenly Barr-Dayg with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 13.951 billion Damanucans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Triolin. The average income tax rate is 4.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Damanucan economy, worth a remarkable 1,217 trillion damanucan lire a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,244 damanucan lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime is totally unknown. Damanucus's national animal is the chameleon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Damanucus fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Damanucus fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Damanucus was endorsed by The Democratic Monarchy of Angletriss.
- : Damanucus was endorsed by The Federation of Mikoyansk.
- : Damanucus was endorsed by The Free Land of Blue Origami.
- : Damanucus was endorsed by The Kingdom of Bromida.
- : Damanucus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Damanucus, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- : Following new legislation in Damanucus, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in Damanucus, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Technocratic Republic of Vinnland, Vater Prussia, Panndoara, Stease, Buttneck, Nyranov, Ukbekistan, James9883, Althainia, Hajirah, Gulan, Moglich, Speculine, Shadeius, Wimbland, Menggen, Sicarith, Platonic Dialectical Republic, Frotoshia, Bromida, Blue Origami, and Mikoyansk.