“Liberté, je écris ton nom.”
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Galts Gulch
The Je Suis Charlie of Dagnia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Rashad Balafrej with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 22.911 billion Dagnians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Medinat al-MaSdar. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Dagnian economy, worth an astonishing 10,066 trillion Golds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 439,392 Golds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,921,265 per year while the poor average 63,394, a ratio of 30.3 to 1.
Seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu', abortions are routinely performed in Dagnia's hospitals, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, and vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dagnia's national animal is the Fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Dagnianism.
Dagnia is ranked 16th in Galts Gulch and 114,111th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -5,872.4 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dagnia, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dagnia, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dagnia, abortions are routinely performed in Dagnia's hospitals.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dagnia, seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu'.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Dagnia, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Dagnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Dagnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Dagnia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 6 days ago: Dagnia's influence in Galts Gulch rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 7 days ago: Dagnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).