The Empire of Dabaxan is a gargantuan, orderly nation, renowned for its frequent executions, complete lack of public education, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 19.541 billion Dabaxanians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.7%.
The all-consuming Dabaxanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,363 trillion grots a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an impressive 120,940 grots, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 963,207 per year while the poor average 3,610, a ratio of 266 to 1.
The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes, and the controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Dabaxan's national animal is the lurge, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 11 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 29 days ago: Dabaxan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 51 days ago: Dabaxan fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 59 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 67 days ago: Dabaxan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 70 days ago: Dabaxan's influence in Golden Triangle fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 70 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 74 days ago: Dabaxan's influence in Golden Triangle rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 75 days ago: Dabaxan fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 80 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.