“All will bow before me!”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: Golden Triangle
The Empire of Dabaxan is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 17.324 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.
The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes, and the controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular. Crime is a serious problem. Dabaxan's national animal is the lurge, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the grot.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 15 days ago: Dabaxan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 18 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 67 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 88 days ago: Dabaxan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 113 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 134 days ago: Dabaxan's influence in Golden Triangle fell from "Dealmaker" to "Contender".
- 135 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 135 days ago: Dabaxan relocated from Lazarus to Golden Triangle.
- 135 days ago: Dabaxan altered its national flag.
- 135 days ago: Dabaxan was refounded in Lazarus.