“All will bow before me!”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: Golden Triangle
The Empire of Dabaxan is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16.548 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.
The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes, and the controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular. Crime is a serious problem. Dabaxan's national animal is the lurge, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the grot.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Dabaxan's influence in Golden Triangle fell from "Dealmaker" to "Contender".
- 5 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Dabaxan relocated from Lazarus to Golden Triangle.
- 5 days ago: Dabaxan altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Dabaxan was refounded in Lazarus.
- 15 days ago: Dabaxan ceased to exist.
- 33 days ago: Dabaxan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 75 days ago: Dabaxan lodged a message on the Golden Triangle Regional Message Board.
- 83 days ago: Dabaxan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 91 days ago: Dabaxan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.