The Decaying Empire of Cyrod is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Samael Cyrod with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.541 billion Cyrodoons are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barathrum. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 52.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Cyrodoon economy, worth a remarkable 7,345 trillion Cyrod Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is a breathtaking 636,427 Cyrod Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,694,745 per year while the poor average 97,099, a ratio of 27.8 to 1.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, every week is blindness awareness week, the Grinder at Fat Sal's Deli and Recycling Center is a national institution, and daily newspapers are permitted to run only pro-government stories. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Cyrod's national animal is the Vulture, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Perennialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cyrod lodged a message on the The Alliance of Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Cyrod was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, daily newspapers are permitted to run only pro-government stories.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, the Grinder at Fat Sal's Deli and Recycling Center is a national institution.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Cyrod's many privately-owned prisons.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, Emperor Samael Cyrod's new android secretary is the latest media darling.