The Empire of Cyrod is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Samael Cyrod with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, enslaved workforce, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 10.974 billion Cyrodoons are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barathrum. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 49.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Cyrodoon economy, worth a remarkable 6,894 trillion Cyrod Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is a breathtaking 628,222 Cyrod Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,599,673 per year while the poor average 99,668, a ratio of 26.1 to 1.
School uniforms are compulsory, absentminded citizens frequently converse with hallucinations, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, and tourists avoid using the nation's bugged phones and monitored internet. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Cyrod's national animal is the Vulture, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Perennialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cyrod was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 10% for Most Conservative and Most Extreme.
- : Cyrod lodged a message on the The Alliance of Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, tourists avoid using the nation's bugged phones and monitored internet.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, absentminded citizens frequently converse with hallucinations.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent.
- : Cyrod was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows.
- : Following new legislation in Cyrod, children regularly take part in blood sports that result in extreme boo-boos.