“Your Government cares so you don't have to”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: 10000 Islands
The Island of Cyrenean is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 19.331 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Defence and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cyreneai. The average income tax rate is 54%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, Cyrenean is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cyrenean's national animal is the dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the beah.
Most Recent Government Activity: 44 minutes ago
- 43 minutes ago: Cyrenean voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Cyrenean, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Cyrenean, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Cyrenean, Cyrenean is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Cyrenean, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Cyrenean, the populace harbors a fierce hatred of the metric system.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Cyrenean, military funding has been stripped back.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Cyrenean, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Cyrenean, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 4 days ago: Cyrenean voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
Endorsements Received: 68 » Achiotopia, Tinbo, Nuggsrocks, Coreras, Dustwind, Chronopolice, Phrados, Port-du-sud, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Grimmywelsh, Christian Indonesia, The Soylent Green Party, Invictus, Yiyah, Clarkistan, Tzo, Western Zweiback, Anollasia, Solleana, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Biblical Importance, Neo Kingston, Thesan, Lubnid, Sheldanada, Cambrian Republic, Nargodia, Strafford, Republic of VEW, Cammiwoo, Steidenland, Musashi Ariadust, The Great Red North, Blogotopia, Rex Republic, Morbid Mothmen Of Malibu, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Lost Islands of Pantagon, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Aquinoland, Hippo Hippo Hippo, Ayunli, Earth Federation, Wailfolk, Sino-Japan and Korea, Northern Koryeo, Absurrania, Slaytania, and 18 others.Stravatia, Britannium, Great-Bohemia, The 4th Wallsian Regime, SverigeKins, LordVetinari, Ravens Homeland, An Isolated Populace, Lenintopia, Kelvinski, Cerb, Yatsuhashimurasaki, GOLDEN VEGAS, Mondragonia, Flormenia, Durvya, Witchcraft and Sorcery, and Echolilia.